Our practice respects your right to privacy. We realise that it is important that you understand the purpose for which we collect details about your health as well as how this information is used at our practice, and to whom this information might be disclosed.
The policy of our practice is to follow these procedures:
- The information collected on this form will be used for the purpose of providing treatment to you. Personal information such as your name, address and health insurance details will be used for the purpose of addressing accounts to you as well as processing payments and writing to you about any issues affecting your treatment.
- Your patient history, treatment records, x-rays and other material relevant to your treatment will be kept here. You may inspect or request copies of your treatment records at any time or seek an explanation from your surgeon. If you want copies or a written summary, a fee will apply.
- We may disclose your health information to other health care professionals or request the information from them if, in our judgement, it is necessary for your treatment. Disclosure of your personal details will be limited as much as possible.
- We may also use parts of your health information for research purposes, in study groups or at seminars, as this may provide benefit to other patients. Should that happen, your personal identity will not be disclosed without your consent.
- If any of the information we have about you is inaccurate, you may ask us to alter our records accordingly.
You can be assured that your health information will be treated with the utmost confidentiality. Disclosure will not be made to any person not involved in your treatment or the administration of this practice without your prior written consent.