Advice on Preparation for Hospital Admission
- Please bring to the hospital any x-rays, models or splints which you may have at home.
- Please bring to the hospital any prescription medication, which you are currently taking.
- The hospital will contact you the day before surgery regarding your time of admission. If you haven’t heard from them, contact them direct.
- If the surgery is planned for the MORNING DO NOT EAT OR DRINK ANYTHING FROM MIDNIGHT ON THE NIGHT PRIOR TO ADMISSION.
- If the surgery is planned for the AFTERNOON DO NOT EAT OR DRINK ANYTHING AFTER A LIGHT BREAKFAST OF TEA AND TOAST BEFORE 6:00 A.M.
- Please remember to complete the hospital admission form and post it to the hospital well ahead of the surgery date (at least 2 weeks).
- Please remember to bring your health fund details as the hospital will require them on admission.
- If you need to change or cancel your admission date please contact the practice as soon as possible on 9262 9318 so that alternative arrangements can be made.